At Ferdinand Postma High School we strive towards the ideal of creating a micro-milieu in which every learner can develop and optimise his or her academic, sport, cultural and social potential to become a balanced individual who can take his/her place in the macro-environment of a multicultural South Africa and make a unique and meaningful contribution.
We realize our vision in the formulation of our mission:
At Ferdinand Postma we
• strive to develop a climate of mutual respect for the cultural diversity of our society and uphold values that reflect the essence of Human Rights;
• make use of educational opportunities to facilitate the growth of our learners towards becoming enterprising and responsible young South African citizens;
• expect maximum involvement of all parties;
• motivate educators and learners to remain lifelong learners;
• regard academic excellence as non-negotiable;
• offer support to learners who experience gaps in various fields;
• pledge to do everything possible to ensure that the school is a successful educational institution with a transparent and democratic management style and a sound financial basis;
• create opportunities for learners to be exposed to an enriching and expanding range of career possibilities.